Sorry, the web browser you're using is not supported by this website.

Please use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or another browser to access homex.com. Thank you.

Skip to main content

We use cookies to enhance your experience. For details on how we use cookies, collect data, & how to manage your consent please see our Cookie Policy & Privacy Policy.

Can a microwave be repaired after a power surge?

While the power is out, remove the microwave from the power source. Turn off the circuit breaker if the microwave is a built-in. The microwave should be unplugged from the wall outlet. When the power is restored, this prevents a power surge from damaging the magnetron tube.

Let's Get It Fixed!

Our virtual experts can diagnose your issue (for free!) and resolve simple problems.

What Did You Think of This Article?

What Did You Think of This Article?

Shop Recommended ProductsShop HomeX Recommended Products