Sorry, the web browser you're using is not supported by this website.

Please use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or another browser to access Thank you.

Skip to main content

We use cookies to enhance your experience. For details on how we use cookies, collect data, & how to manage your consent please see our Cookie Policy & Privacy Policy.

Can extension leads catch fire?

Plugging in appliances that exceed the maximum current rating will overload an extension lead. This could cause a fire if the plug in the wall sockets becomes overheated. Is that correct? The risk of overloading and fire is increased by some block adaptors that do not have a fuse.

Let's Get It Fixed!

HomeX virtual experts will assess your issue (for free!) and can resolve simple problems.

What Did You Think of This Article?

What Did You Think of This Article?

Shop Recommended ProductsShop HomeX Recommended Products