Sorry, the web browser you're using is not supported by this website.

Please use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or another browser to access homex.com. Thank you.

Skip to main content

We use cookies to enhance your experience. For details on how we use cookies, collect data, & how to manage your consent please see our Cookie Policy & Privacy Policy.

Can leaving a fan on cause a fire?

The ball bearings inside the fan will lock up if you run it frequently. This can cause the motor to become overheated and cause a fire. Dust and lint get caught in the fans. If they are not cleared away on a regular basis, they can ignite.

Let's Get It Fixed!

Our virtual experts can diagnose your issue (for free!) and resolve simple problems.

What Did You Think of This Article?

What Did You Think of This Article?

Shop Recommended ProductsShop HomeX Recommended Products