Sorry, the web browser you're using is not supported by this website.

Please use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or another browser to access homex.com. Thank you.

Skip to main content

We use cookies to enhance your experience. For details on how we use cookies, collect data, & how to manage your consent please see our Cookie Policy & Privacy Policy.

Can you get shocked by thermostat wires?

You don't risk getting an electric shock if you start messing with these, but you do risk damaging the electronics. Is this true? In your house, your thermostat sends a low voltage-low amperage electrical current back to your furnace or gas pack to signal when it's time to turn it off and on.

Let's Get It Fixed!

HomeX virtual experts will assess your issue (for free!) and can resolve simple problems.

What Did You Think of This Article?

What Did You Think of This Article?

Shop Recommended ProductsShop HomeX Recommended Products