Sorry, the web browser you're using is not supported by this website.

Please use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or another browser to access Thank you.

Skip to main content

We use cookies to enhance your experience. For details on how we use cookies, collect data, & how to manage your consent please see our Cookie Policy & Privacy Policy.

Can you replace a 100 amp breaker with a 200 amp breaker?

Adding a main higher than the rated panel main will melt the buss bars if you use your new 100a panel as a sub panel. Unless your main feeders are already rated to handle the load, you should melt the meter face wiring.

Let's Get It Fixed!

HomeX virtual experts will assess your issue (for free!) and can resolve simple problems.

What Did You Think of This Article?

What Did You Think of This Article?

Shop Recommended ProductsShop HomeX Recommended Products