Sorry, the web browser you're using is not supported by this website.

Please use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or another browser to access Thank you.

Skip to main content

We use cookies to enhance your experience. For details on how we use cookies, collect data, & how to manage your consent please see our Cookie Policy & Privacy Policy.

Is it safe to use your gas stove for heat?

The risk of carbon monoxide poisoning is better if you let in some cold air. Don't use gas or electric ovens or surface units for heating. Carbon monoxide poisoning can be caused by a gas oven going out or burning inefficiently. Whenever alternative heat sources are used, have one person watch for fire.

Let's Get It Fixed!

HomeX virtual experts will assess your issue (for free!) and can resolve simple problems.

What Did You Think of This Article?

What Did You Think of This Article?

Shop Recommended ProductsShop HomeX Recommended Products