Sorry, the web browser you're using is not supported by this website.

Please use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or another browser to access homex.com. Thank you.

Skip to main content

We use cookies to enhance your experience. For details on how we use cookies, collect data, & how to manage your consent please see our Cookie Policy & Privacy Policy.

What happens if I touch neutral wire?

The neutral may not always be at zero potential when the load is connected to the plug point. You can get a shock when there is a high potential between earth and neutral. Is this true? You will get a shock if this becomes over 50V and you touch neutral. It's common that the wiring is done wrong.

Let's Get It Fixed!

Our virtual experts can diagnose your issue (for free!) and resolve simple problems.

What Did You Think of This Article?

What Did You Think of This Article?

Shop Recommended ProductsShop HomeX Recommended Products