Sorry, the web browser you're using is not supported by this website.

Please use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or another browser to access Thank you.

Skip to main content

We use cookies to enhance your experience. For details on how we use cookies, collect data, & how to manage your consent please see our Cookie Policy & Privacy Policy.

What is a float valve in a toilet?

A ballcock, also called a float valve or balltap, is a mechanism or machine for filling water tanks, such as those found in flush toilets, while avoiding overflow and backflow. Is this true? The name ballcock is derived from the float being ball-shaped.

Let's Get It Fixed!

HomeX virtual experts will assess your issue (for free!) and can resolve simple problems.

What Did You Think of This Article?

What Did You Think of This Article?

Shop Recommended ProductsShop HomeX Recommended Products