Sorry, the web browser you're using is not supported by this website.

Please use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or another browser to access Thank you.

Skip to main content

We use cookies to enhance your experience. For details on how we use cookies, collect data, & how to manage your consent please see our Cookie Policy & Privacy Policy.

What is the difference between a gate valve and butterfly valve?

The gate valve is a cut-off valve, which can only be fully open or fully closed, and the flow can't be adjusted. A flap valve is also called a butterfly valve. The opening and closing member is a disc that rotates around the stem valve shaft to open and close.

Let's Get It Fixed!

HomeX virtual experts will assess your issue (for free!) and can resolve simple problems.

What Did You Think of This Article?

What Did You Think of This Article?

Shop Recommended ProductsShop HomeX Recommended Products