Sorry, the web browser you're using is not supported by this website.

Please use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or another browser to access Thank you.

Skip to main content

We use cookies to enhance your experience. For details on how we use cookies, collect data, & how to manage your consent please see our Cookie Policy & Privacy Policy.

What is typical electrical service to a house?

100, 200, or 400 Amp are the standard-sized services for residential applications. The general rules of thumb for determining service sizes are: 100 Amp will service a range, water heater, general lighting, and receptacle outlets. It's recommended for workshops, vacation cabins and larger pump systems.

Let's Get It Fixed!

HomeX virtual experts will assess your issue (for free!) and can resolve simple problems.

What Did You Think of This Article?

What Did You Think of This Article?

Shop Recommended ProductsShop HomeX Recommended Products