Sorry, the web browser you're using is not supported by this website.

Please use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or another browser to access Thank you.

Skip to main content

We use cookies to enhance your experience. For details on how we use cookies, collect data, & how to manage your consent please see our Cookie Policy & Privacy Policy.

What size breaker do i need for sockets?

In homes, cables should be 1mm2 or 1.5mm2 twin and earth for lighting, and 2.5mm2 twin and earth for power. If we want to put a 2.5mm2 cable on a 32A ring circuit, we need to know that it has a maximum rating of 24A.

Let's Get It Fixed!

HomeX virtual experts will assess your issue (for free!) and can resolve simple problems.

What Did You Think of This Article?

What Did You Think of This Article?

Shop Recommended ProductsShop HomeX Recommended Products